Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Reading Folder

Reading Folder-It is very important that your child read these words every night. High frequency words must be memorized. Please do not sound out these words. I will test them each day with them reading me the words at school. When they master one sheet I will add another sheet for them to practice reading. Then I will add sheets with word families and then sentences for them to read. If they have not mastered one sheet I will not add another sheet. It is very important to practice each night with your child and bring this folder to school every day. We will be testing in December and need to prepare our children for this test.

Please review the High Frequency Word List 1 below.

High Frequency Word – List 1

Your child will have to know these high frequency words. Please practice with them daily. Do not sound out high frequency words.  Knowing these high frequency words is a crucial part in reading successfully.
has
like
at
the
is
to
little
am
see
we
on
and
are
you
boy
girl
a
was

Thank you for all your help!
Mrs. Garcia

4 comments:

  1. Esther I really like your site! I think that parents will find your videos and word list useful as they work with their children. A lot of times I hear parents say that they just dont know how to help their child but you have given your parents and other parents as well, tools to help them with their child.

    I think you should share your blog with your co-workers especially the teachers that teach kindergarten with you so that you all can share ideas across the different classrooms. It's amazing how teachers can be teaching the same thing but it can be totally different.

    I will definitely share your blog with my friends and co-workers who work with the little ones :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther,

    Your blog is definitely helpful not only to parents but even to pecial ed teachers like. I like the idea of having the HFW words right in there which i believe will be particularly helpful for those who might have forgotten their homework or are missing their reading folders. No more excuses, right?!
    I love the video too. It's a good resource especially if you want the extra exposure and opportunity to practice at home.
    The design of your blog is simple, yet colorful. Very appropriate for early childhood.
    Keep it up!
    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cicely,

    Thanks for the suggestion about sharing with other teachers. I was going to share this in my school but it would be a great idea to share with other teachers in different schools. Can't wait to hear what your teacher friends have to say. Thanks again.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penelope,

    Thanks for post. Exactly my student's do not have an excuse. ;) Hope my future posts will be able to help you.

    Thanks again,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete